Monday, January 10, 2011

Padma

So long, farewell, adieu,...it's time for you to go Padma. I used to think you were hot. I used to envy your style, your poise, your voice even. I would have slight pangs of jealousy when watching Top Chef with my husband knowing he probably wished I were just a bit more like you. You managed to make a huge scar look sexy. Heck, I even wanted you a bit. But something changed. I don't know if it was the baby or if there was some other monumental shift in the universe but I have to say, I'm over you and you need to go away. I realize now that your poise and style are actually manifestations of your shockingly huge ego. You've been stuffing yourself into these increasingly tight dresses as if to say 'hey, check out my new rack courtesy of baby', your voice is getting damned smarmy, and trust me, people are starting to notice the icy stares you give Gail. Where did you even come from? Have you ever even worked in a restaurant? What talent do you actually have that makes it ok for you to judge a cooking competition? I'm sure that being married to Salman Rushdie was not on the job application for Top Chef. If you insist on staying, could you at least do us the favor of shutting up? You did just fine before you started chiming in on everything as if you were the creator of all things food. Craftsteak might suck but at least Tom is an actual chef and he isn't all bitchy when he judges, realizing that there is a ton of pressure put on these constestants to cook under ridiculous situations that will never occur in 'real' life. I say we have a new show called Padma has to do every damned quick fire challenge ever created (and even some that haven't been thought of yet). If you can manage to complete even one, I might think about starting to like you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment